NOTE: Some links on this page will take you away from the NIH/OITE Web site. For more information, see our disclaimers.
The following links contain financial aid and/or scholarship opportunities for those seeking entry into graduate or professional schools.
- Many universities have offices that assist students with applying for funding. Check with your college or university for more information.
- FinAid: The SmartStudent(tm) Guide to Financial Aid
- Education Lenders and Student Loans from FinAid. -- This is an extensive list of lenders offering a variety of education loans and loan consolidation programs.
- Federal Student Aid from the U.S. Department of Education-- includes a large section titled "How to Repay Your Loans"
- Scholarship America Open Scholarships (ug / grad. Eligibility varies by specific program. Most specify the applicant must be a US citizen or legal resident.) A list of scholarship programs managed by this organization that are open to the public. APPLICATION DEADLINES VARY BY PROGRAM.
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh: Education Resources -- includes information for graduate and international students
- Center for Online Eduction -- includes information on financial aid resources and how to reduce student loan debt
- Collegeboard.org Scholarship Search
- CollegeNet.com Mach25 Scholarship Search
- Hotcourses: Student Money Scholarship search (UK) -- you must register your name, address, and interests to view the details of your search results
- ExploreHealthCareers.org: Funding Opportunities . Includes a searchable database of loans, grants, scholarships, fellowships, and loan forgiveness programs. Leave "application deadline" blank for better results.
- International Education Financial Aid Center
- College Answer Scholarship Search from SallieMae -- Free registration is required, including a full personal profile. Database includes scholarships for grad students and others who are not "traditional undergrads".
- Sallie Mae: Finding Free Money -- Information on loans and other financial services for students and parents
- US News Education: Paying for College
- Grants and Scholarships , information from Union Plus. Offers some information on and links to state-sponsored funding programs for residents.
- StudentScholarshipSearch.com Includes information on international aid opportunities as well as available loan repayment programs.
- OnlineMastersPrograms Scholarship Database: Nearly 3,000 graduate-level scholarships listed; plus, a four-part guide to paying for grad school.
- Money Geek: Examples of careers in numbers and associated scholarships