Postdoctoral Fellow - Computational Biology
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, MD and surrounding area
About the position
The duties of the position will focus on the development of computational modeling approaches for cellular signaling pathways and multi-cellular communication using high-performance computing techniques and the development of an analysis platform for multi-omics data as part of a U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)-funded collaboration aimed at identifying markers of immune activation.
Apply for this vacancy
What you'll need to apply
Interested candidates should send the following to Dr. Martin Meier-Schellersheim at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Curriculum vitae
- Names of three references who may be contacted for letters, and a short statement about their skill set
Visit NIAID Careers for more information about working in NIAID’s dynamic atmosphere.
- A Ph.D. degree with focus on computer science or a related field
- Experience in programming (C/C++ or Java, Python, etc.), ideally in a scientific setting
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Interest in quantitative biology approaches
- Good communication skills
Prior knowledge of cell biology and previous experience with high-performance computing is a plus but not required.
The NIH is dedicated to building a community in its training and employment programs and encourages the application and nomination of qualified women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities.