Postdoctoral Fellow - Military Medicine
Henry M Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Maryland
About the position
Join the HJF Team!
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine (HJF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing military medicine. We serve military, medical, academic and government clients by administering, managing and supporting preeminent scientific programs that benefit members of the armed forces and civilians alike. Since its founding in 1983, HJF has served as a vital link between the military medical community and its federal and private partners. HJF's support and administrative capabilities allow military medical researchers and clinicians to maintain their scientific focus and accomplish their research goals.
This position will be in support of research projects with particular emphasis in host response to viral infection using a rodent model within the laboratory of Dr. Brian Schaefer in the Department of Microbiology at the Uniformed Services University.
Performs research and/or development in collaboration with other scientific and technical staff. Exercises technical discretion in the design, execution, and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies. Performs limited analysis and interpretation of results.
HJF is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow is responsible for initiating and carrying out research projects in collaboration with a research team. Pursuits research along a focused line of inquiry and has a manuscript in development.
Note: This site requires that the incumbent has lived in the US for three out of the past five years.
- Assists in designing, developing, executing, and implementing scientific research and/or development.
- Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and theories to potential inventions and products.
- Performs specialized laboratory research utilizing experimental protocols which involves specialized procedures.
- Collects and handles samples and keeps detailed records of experiments.
- Assists with the preparation of data for presentations at scientific meetings and for publication in journals.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of appropriate scientific area; ability to analyze and interpret data.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, education and credentials, a criminal background check, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check if applicable. Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Apply for this vacancy
What you'll need to apply
Apply at the following link with application and resume: https://careers-hjf.icims.com/jobs/3210/postdoctoral-fellow/job?mode=view
This position will take place primarily in a laboratory setting.
Education and Experience:
- Doctoral degree
- Minimum of 0-5 years experience required.
- Some positions or sites may require that the incumbent be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination may be required.