ListServs for Current Trainees
OITE ListServs for Current NIH Trainees
Because you are a trainee in the NIH Intramural Research Program (IRP), the OITE wishes to keep you informed about its many career/professional development activities. The OITE maintains and uses several ListServs designed to provide information about training events and career development activities to specific trainee populations: OITE-SIP, OITE-CCSEP, OITE-POSTBACS, OITE-GRADS, and OITE-POSTDOCS.
- OITE-SIP is for NIH trainees participating in the Summer Internship Program.
- OITE-CCSEP is for NIH trainees participating in the Community College Summer Enrichment Program.
- OITE-POSTBACS is for all NIH trainees who are participating in a postbaccalaureate research program, including Postbaccalaureate IRTA/CRTAs, NIH Academy members, Technical IRTAs, and UGSP Payback Scholars who are recent college graduates.
- OITE-GRADS disseminates information for NIH trainees conducting their dissertation research at the NIH.
- OITE-POSTDOCS is the official OITE mechanism for communicating with NIH trainees who hold a doctoral degree, such as the PhD, MD, DVM or the equivalent. This includes Postdoctoral IRTA/CRTAs, Visiting Fellows, Clinical Fellows, Research Fellows, and UGSP Payback Scholars with doctoral degrees.
Complete and submit the membership request form if you are not receiving notices from one of the ListServs listed above.
Consider creating a LinkedIn accout.
LinkedIn could be thought of as a professional Facebook. It is widely used to make connections and explore careers and professional development topics. If you have, or create, a LinkedIn account for yourself, consider joining the OITE LinkedIn group, NIH intramural Science. We have more than 5000 members, and the group is extremely active.
Additional nih trainee ListServs
The NIH community and trainee communities have created additional listservs that may interest you. Please take a moment to review the following options.
- Club-PCR is for young scientists in the Bethesda area; to join send an email to email@example.com. You can use this listserv to find housing, sell items, arrange carpooling, or gather information. This Listserv is not associated with the NIH, and you should use an e-mail address other than your NIH e-mail address to subscribe. Please state your name and reason for joining the group when you request membership. Join Club-PCR
- MEDICALmysterion Google Group: This is a forum for young scientists in the Bethesda area to meet up for social events, volunteering, learning, playing sports, and having fun. Do not use this group to sell items, find housing, arrange carpools, or gather information. Again, this is not an official NIH Listserv. Use a personal e-mail to subscribe. Join MEDICALmysterion
- POSTBACC_L is an NIH listserv that shares information on volunteer opportunities and activities organized by the Postbac Committee in addition to reagent requests, Bio-Trac course announcements, and other valuable NIH science-related news or news of potential interest to NIH trainees for which the OITE is not responsible. Join POSTBACC_L
- The Graduate Student Council (GSC) maintains multiple ListServs designed to encourage graduate student interactions on-campus and off-campus. Learn more about the GSC ListServs.
- FELLOW-L disseminates information on social opportunities, reagent and meeting roommate requests, and job postings. It is intended for postdoctoral fellows and graduate students. Join FELLOW-L
For assistance with listservs please contact Dr. Pat Wagner.
- NIH Black Scientists and Friends Network - Contact Dr. Roland Owens for more information.
- NIH-LGBT-FF - Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered fellows and friends. Join this Group
- NIH-SACNAS (Society for the Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science) Chapter. Join this Group
- Women of Color Research Network