Postbac Distinguished Mentor Award 2017
The Postbac Distinguished Mentor Award is BACK! Postbacs are invited to nominate their mentors for this award.
Mentors include principal investigators, staff scientists/ clinicians, postdoctoral fellows and graduate students. A mentoring relationship develops over an extended period. Please submit nominations only if you have worked with your mentor(s) for at least 6 months.
The nomination deadline for the 2017 Distinguished Mentor Awards has now passed.
In your letter, you may wish to consider describing the role your mentor has played in one or more of the following areas:
- Your development as a scientist
- Your professional growth
- Your meeting/overcoming challenges
Please provide specific examples of what makes your mentor exceptional.
NOTE: In addition to your letter, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Your name and IC
- Your mentor's position
- Principal Investigator
- Staff Scientist / Staff Clinician
- Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Fellow/Clinical Fellow
- Graduate Student
- Your mentor's title (Dr., Ms., Mr.) and name
- Your mentor's e-mail address
- The length of time you have worked in your mentor's research group
The Distinguished Mentor Award Subcommittee of the Postbac Committee will review and rank the nominations.