FelCom - FARE
The Fellows Award for Research Excellence (FARE), began in 1995 to recognize the outstanding scientific research performed by intramural postdoctoral fellows.
FARE2018 is now closed
The FARE award is sponsored by the NIH Fellows Committee, Scientific Directors, and the NIH Office of Intramural Training & Education, and is funded by the Scientific Directors. Fellows submit an abstract of their research, which is peer reviewed in a blind study section competition.
- The authors of the 25% of abstracts that receive the highest scores are recognized as FARE winners.
- Winners of FARE awards will each receive a $1000 stipend to attend a scientific meeting at which they will present their abstract, either as a poster or an oral presentation.*
- FARE winners serve as judges for the following year's FARE competition.
*NHLBI Fellows do not receive a $1000 travel grant, as NHLBI policy is that fellows should attend all meetings that are necessary for their career development, and that meeting attendance should not depend upon winning a travel award
FARE applications are accepted every year in February and March. For more information on the application process, including eligibility criteria, please see the Rules and Regulations.
- Previous FARE winners
- Tips for Successful Abstracts (2015 Webinar)
- FARE Scoresheet
- FARE Study Sections
- FARE Awards Travel Procedures
Committee Members for FARE 2018
Sayantan Chakraborty (NIA), John Gallagher (NIAID; FARE Co-Chair), Paule Joseph (NINR), Pushpanathan Muthuirulan (NICHD; FARE Co-Chair)
Nicole Osier (NINR), Beenish Rahat (NICHD), Freekje van Asten (NEI)