FelCom - FARE
FARE2017 is now open for applications. Abstracts will be accepted from Feb 18, 2016 until March 18, 2016
Submit your abstract HERE.
FARE is the acronym for the Fellows Award for Research Excellence, begun in 1995 to recognize the outstanding scientific research performed by intramural postdoctoral fellows.
The award is sponsored by the NIH Fellows Committee, the Scientific Directors, and the NIH Office of Intramural Training & Education, and is funded by the Scientific Directors. Fellows submit an abstract of their research, which is peer reviewed in a blind study section competition.
- The authors of the 25% of abstracts that receive the highest scores are recognized as FARE winners.
- Winners of FARE awards will each receive a $1000 stipend to attend a scientific meeting at which they will present their abstract, either as a poster or an oral presentation.*
- FARE winners serve as judges for the following year's FARE competition.
*NHLBI Fellows do not receive a $1000 travel grant, as NHLBI policy is that fellows should attend all meetings that are necessary for their career development, and that meeting attendance should not depend upon winning a travel award
FARE applications are accepted every year in February and March. For more information on the application process, including eligibility criteria, please see the Rules and Regulations.
The FARE 2017 application period is open.
FARE 2016 competition results
FARE 2015 Competition results
FARE 2014 Competition Results
FARE 2013 Competition Results
FARE 2012 Competition Results
Committee Members for FARE 2016
- Jessica Mann (NIAID/OD) Co-Chair
- Patricia Kiesler (NIAID) Co-Chair
- Lauren Lepone (NCI)
- Bernadette Marrero (NIAMS)
- Yi-Xing Han (NCI)
- Saurav Shrestha (NIMH)
- Emily Vogtmann (NCI)
- Maayan Salton (NCI)