The NIH Intramural Research Program is home to nearly 5000 trainees and fellows with many different research interests and career goals. We are a diverse and vibrant community with training programs at all educational levels.
There are many benefits to training at the NIH:
- Outstanding research and core facilities
- Extensive career development programs through the NIH OITE and the Institute Training Offices
- Access to OITE Career Services and extensive well-being programs
- Scientific Interest Groups to foster trans-NIH collaborations
- Many on-campus seminars and research symposia
- Active trainee and fellow lead organizations to help you find community
The intramural training programs highlighted here are coordinated by the NIH OITE in collaboration with the IC training offices. Programs for medical students and physician-scientists are coordinated by the Office of Clinical Research Training and Medical Education.
We invite you to learn more about our research training programs and hope to see you on campus!