Create an NIH Alumni Database Entry
OMB No. 0925-0299
Expiration Date 08/31/2016
Thank you for taking the time to create an entry for yourself in the NIH Alumni Database. This is a new venture for the NIH Office of Intramural Training & Education (OITE) and we have big plans.
You may be wondering why you should take the time to complete the brief form below today and keep your entry up to date in the future. Here are several reasons:
- First, what's in it for YOU? Networking! You will be helping to create a searchable database of potential colleagues that you can mine to meet your own needs and those of your students and friends. But, in addition
- The OITE invites former NIH trainees to speak at events like the Career Symposium and the National Graduate Student Research Festival. The success of those ventures depends on our keeping in contact with a diverse group of NIH alumni that could include you.
- Applicants to NIH training programs often want to know where program participants go next. Where do NIH postbacs go to graduate or professional school? Where do NIH postdocs find jobs? You can help us provide those data.
- If you wish, you can become part of a worldwide network of NIH alumni who are willing to answer current trainees' questions about schools and jobs.
- Information that you enter into the database will be made public e.g., in publications describing NIH programs, only in the aggregate; no personally identifiable information will be published outside of this system.
- Your personally identifiable information (see below) will be included in the searchable database only if you authorize the OITE to include it. You can change your mind at any time.
- Only Alumni Database account-holders, current NIH trainees, and NIH staff will be able to search the Database.
- You can update your educational and/or employment history and preferences at any time.